Shani in the 3rd House The Worker
“No man needs sympathy because he has to work, because he has a burden to carry. Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.”
As per Kaal Purush Kundali, third is the house of Gemini, the third sign. It is also associated with communication, especially written communication, hands, work, rational/scientific thought.
However, it is also called “Parakarm Bhava” or the house of valour, and its Kraka planet is Mars. This house also signifies power and Leadership (especially the war time leadership) younger siblings, passion, and ability to use hands for wielding anything from pen or sword. So this is a house where a lot of action goes on.
• Good workers, tough communicators: Shani Sat ease in this house, he is good at working and is the planet who “gets things done”. He does well is most part, may be barring the communication part, where is not very good. He can be very quiet or harsh, especially in the communication, where he can be highly objective and this “no-nonsense — just the facts” attitude can make them harsh communicators.
• Sibling Issues: Further, they might have a complicated relationship with their younger siblings. They might have to play a parent to the younger siblings. They would go out of their way for them throughout their lives. Often younger siblings can be a source of worry. The typical Shani approval seeking and willingness to be martyred is played out for the third house this time.
• Overall Good Placement: The 3rd house is part of the quartet called Upachaya Bhava, along with 6, 10, and 11, the houses of action and materialism. In these houses malefic planet generally do well. Shani is no exception. Its good results far outweigh the bad results in this house. With time, the Upachaya house and planets sitting in them keep getting stronger. This suits our slow starting but solid finishing Shani. People with Shani in the 3rd are some of the hardest working in the world. Their hands are blessed with solid work ethic of Shani and they work long and hard, often using their hands.
• Slow but solid climb: Like Shani, they are often slow to start a work and can be painfully methodical but once they get going, they gain a lot of momentum. Even in old age their hands are strong and healthy and they look miraculously young for the rest of the body. They can keep working long into their old age.
• Good organizers: Given Shani penchant for organizing, this is a blessing for someone who is in a leadership position especially in places like army and construction work, where planning and objectivity matter more than “soft skills”. They make great planners and executioners in such places. While Shani in 3rd makes them ambitious, but their climb is slow and hard in their careers. Through sheer nard work and determination, they reach the top, but over a long time. All things Shani you see. Many self-made entrepreneurs, especially in technical field from engineering to construction have this placement. Depending upon the rest of the chart, especially the Sun, their leadership style may vary, however, if you remember a boss who would roll up his sleeves and would carry a box or fix a gadget with his own hands, probably had a third house Shani. Their “no-nonsense” approach is good at technical stuff but makes it difficult for them to deal with creative side of things.
• Delayed child birth: They often have challenges with getting children, child birth is delayed if not denied, and even then they have to work hard to raise the children. The emotional connect can be missing or they can nave compatibility issues. His life is usually a story of hardships and conquering and he expects the children to do the same. He is not going to spare the rod and spoil them. He is unlikely to be a soccer dad; he would be the one spending more time in the office than at home.
• Daddy issues: Often, they face daddy issues, the father can be a source of tension, disappointment or problems. They often have to pit themselves against authority and the rest of the world and work their way out of the system. Their way of coming out Victorious is “hard work”.
• Workers who work: Their philosophy the one of “earning one’s keep” and they don’t bother much with esoteric or philosophical side of life. For them “Karma” is about doing this and reaping rewards. Though not very religious in the dogmatic sense of the word, they prefer doing charities and helping the poor directly.
All in all, this is a good placement for the Lord of Karma who wants to “get things done”. He is fairly comfortable in the 3rd house of hands and work, in this house Shani can write his own destiny with his own “hands”.
G. Vijay Kumar