WHY I DON’T DO FACE TO FACE CONSULTATIONS-IT’S NOT YOU, IT’S ME
Thanks to the grace of God and love of my clients, I am never short of clientele. Ever since my Ketu Mahadasha article went viral, I have been booked for at least two weeks in advance, at times three…! I am humbled and feel grateful for all the love and support that I have received. Frankly, I think is much more than I deserve.
My fee is low, but it helps me reach out and help a large number of people. And I get enough clients to live a descent life. In addition, our initiative to sell Government Lab Certified Gemstones has seen great response (we keep the quality good, the margins low, and the clients happy).
So while I am not all that rich (still don’t make the kind of money I used to make in corporate days), my bills are paid and my family gets taken care of, money is not a problem. My happiness is through the roof as I spend my time in astrology, reading, long walks, meditation, all things that I love. I can’t believe the blessings this art has brought me.
I can’t thank God and my clients enough. I love my clients and clients come before family for me.
However, there is one client request that I have invariably refused and that is the request for a face to face consultation.
Many clients, especially those from Jaipur and Delhi have offered me several times of my normal fee, but I have always politely declined. Though most of my clients were not offended, some were disappointed. I think I owe an explanation and this would help them and my future clients to understand why I don’t do this and would cut back on the number of “Nos” I have to say as I feel bad saying this.
THERE ARE SEVERAL REASONS WHY I DON’T DO FACE TO FACE CONSULTATIONS:
- I LOVE MY ANONYMITY: While thousands know me over the Internet, hardly anyone around my office or my house knows what I do for a living. All they know is that I am an Internet entrepreneur (not factually wrong though). But I don’t want people coming to my house or office for a consultation. I am a very private person. A face reveal is NOT happening on my website, Quora or anywhere else for the foreseeable futur. The last thing I want to be is a celebrity.
- I DON’T LOOK LIKE A PUNDIT JI: Trust me I don’t look anything like “Pundit Ji” in the image above. Though this is what people think an astrologer should look like. . With my heavy 6 feet built and a handlebar mustache, I look more like more like this:
(Sorry to spoil your mental picture of an astrologer…if you have recovered form shock you can start reading again.) Imagine people’s shock when they come to meet a “Pundit Ji” and they see me. (PS: Please NEVER call me Pundit Ji…Just Vijay is fine). Hope you “get the picture?”
- I AM A SUPER INTROVERT: On a scale of 1 to 10 I would be 21 on introversion. I am socially awkward and have been like that since my childhood. Believe it or not, even my wife has given up on my social skills. When a man’s wife gives up on some kind of an “improvement”, we all know that it is never going to happen. J
- I HATE TO DRESS UP: I have a Venus + Ketu combo making me a dressing sense disaster, and I love it that way. My “uniform” is t-shirt + lowers and acupressure slippers underneath. I have traveled through enough and more airports and 5-Star hotels in this uniform. As long as I can afford the services, I don’t give a damn, neither do they. The last time I wore formals was for a wedding and that was 18 months ago. If it weren’t for my wife, my wardrobe would resemble Mark Zuckerberg. I just hate to dress up for meetings. You get the picture.
- I LOVE MY NEWLY FOUND FREEDOM: For good 30+ years of my life, I have “reported on time” to school, college, and office during my Saturn and Mercury Mahadashas. Not any more…! Ketu Mahadasha LIBERATED ME. I I would rather die than go back to those days. Death over Job is my new motto. There is not enough money in the world to make me want to go back to a job, OR anything which remotely feels like a job where I have to “report on time”. Face to face consultation is one such thing. Please don’t make me do it. The nomadic spirit in me has been liberated. There is no going back.
Thank you Divine Ketu, my liberator…!
G. Vijay Kumar
PS: Dear Client now I hope you know why I say no to a face to face consultation. It’s not you, it’s me.