Disclaimer: This has nothing to do with astrology. I am just venting out my frustration. You are still welcome to read and leave your comments/suggestions below.
It is not easy to be honest. Really, I feel like a fool at times.
There is so much money that I lose DAILY, thanks to my oath of honesty. And guess what, on a weekly basis I face insults and hate because of my honesty. Here is what happens to me:
- I do all consultations myself: While many big names have teams of junior astrologers who impersonate them over the phones, poor me, I am exhausting myself. I could have made my revenues 20x if I would have followed this thing. Maybe, it is time to set up a call center…say what?
- I don’t sell stones for Rahu, Ketu and Saturn-And get accused of “selling Yantras”: 90% of the people who call me are undergoing a Rahu-Ketu or a Saturn period. I DO NOT sell gemstones of these planets as I know their repercussions and side effects. That’s why I stick to yantras. I sell SLIVER yantras for 300 and get accused of “pushing” them. Guys do the bloody math, on average gemstones for these three would cost 10-20000 I could have made thousands daily. Anyone who accuses me of “profiteering from yantra” should learn math first. What the hell, I could sell just one per week, just one for each Rahu, Ketu and Saturn, let the people meet with accidents, I need a new car…!
- I don’t import tin from China: People selling yantras on the websites for 399 import them from China (surprise). They are made of tin and the makers don’t even know the specified dimensions, let alone follow it. Do you know a sliver yantra made in India costs 10x the cost of a piece of tin imported from China? May be I should do the same, Alibaba where are you?
- I discourage people from applying for government jobs: Especially the general category aspirants. I tell them bluntly that if you are a general category candidate, it is easy to marry an Arab princess than become an IAS. They lash out, send hate mails, promise to “show me” when they would become. Till date I am waiting for a single one to “show me”. I think I should follow other astrologers, and sell some pooja worth 51000 that would help them get a government job. Humm…we haven’t take a foreign vacation till date. How about a “Sarkari Naukri Prapti Pooja…?”
- I don’t help people get their lost love back: I sit getting hate and insult from people who want to “get their love back” and I tell them to respect the other person’s free will and move on. While the “Vashikaran Mafia” is out making millions of rupees a day. All I get in turn of an honest advice is insults and abuses from women scorned (most of them are women looking to get their boyfriends back). May be I can do a “Prem Prapti Vashikaran Pooja” done by 21 brahmins…21000 is the least the vishikaran mafia Well I’d do it for 11000, a huge discount. In reality no one does nothing, but hey I would get money instead of insults. Wouldn’t that be nice.
So you see what all I lose. Remain a poor man getting insults and abuses and making less money.
But all I get is invaluable, peace of mind and grace in heart. I am under oath to be ethical and will never sell my soul, (the above ideas were more frustration and sarcasm). However, I wish it were easy for me to be honest.
G. Vijay Kumar