Edit: Based upon my research and feedback, I decided to make it 5 in stead of 4 (Might make it 6 soon)
FIVE TOUGHEST DASHAS ONE CAN GO THROUGH
I have seen my clients get amazed when I tell them that there are 90% chances that they are calling me during a Rahu-Ketu or a Saturn period.
Some end up laughing, some as shocked, some burst into tears. Most end up asking, “How did you know?”
Well being an astrologer, it is my job to know.
Let me share another secret: Out of remaining 10% half are either Pisces/Sagittarius ascendant people undergoing a Venus period or Libra/Taurus ascendant natives undergoing a Jupiter period. Looks like even the two foremost of benefices have a dark side. Will dedicate an entire chapter to this soon.
However, today I want to talk about 4 dashas which scare the hell out of me. And yes they all involve at least one of the BIG 3 Saturn, Rahu and Ketu.
For the record I have been through three of these periods and I hope I won’t be alive to witness the fourth one. So you see, I know them inside out and man I am scared.
HERE ARE MY TOP 5 TERRIBLE PERIODS, THAT ALMOST NEVER GO WELL FOR ANYONE:
- Ketu Mahadasha-Venus Antardasha: Hell on Earth: This is what I have called the “Hell on Earth” phase. If there is one Antardasha (minor period) that scares the hell out of me, then it is Ketu-Venus period. This is my number one pick for the most horrible dasha one can go through. Venus is the real “King of good times” all love, luxury, material comforts, and fun in life is brought to one by Venus. Ketu the ascetic is the biggest and harshest enemy of Venus and brutally blocks all things that Venus signifies. Ketu thus denying all good things in life.
I have often seen the natives being tormented by females during this period, may be this is the sign of Venus going bad on you. Barring a few exceptions, everyone has reported this as the most horrible times, especially the people with a good Venus in their chart. Thankfully Ketu antardasha in Venus Mahadasha isn’t all that bad. But if it is Ketu Mahadasha and Venus Antardasha, brace yourself.
- Rahu Mahadasha – Moon Antardasha: The horror movie: Haunting, fear, and depression:If anything scares me after Ketu-Venus, it is the period of Rahu-Moon. It doesn’t matter if it is Rahu Mahadasha and Moon Antardasha or Moon Mahadasha and Rahu Antardasha, either way the native is haunted by a lot of fears.
Rahu hates Moon with a menacing vengeance and Moon, the softest of all planets which is the Karaka of mind is scared to insanity. Funny part is that most of the things one is afraid of during these times never happen. However, this period can scare the native to death, like people watching a horror movies can die of a heart attack. This is a time of suicide attempts and depression for many people. However, they just need to realize that most of what they fear will never happen. There is hope.
- Ketu Mahadasha – Rahu Antardasha – The train wreck: After Ketu-Venus and Rahu-Moon period it is the Ketu-Rahu period that is on my list. Be it Rahu Mahadasha and Ketu Antardasha or Ketu Mahadasha and Rahu Antardasha, it is like a train wreck which gives similar results. Guess this explains why I am so afraid of the Ketu Mahadasha, it contains two worst periods anyone can go through in life. This has been called the period of “Karmic Retribution” and it is believed that free will of a person is at its minimum during this period and the hand of destiny takes over. There is only one guarantee, whatever one has planned will not happen. Even the best laid plans backfire.
Normally the fall out is akin to a train wreck. Like a train that has been derailed, a man goes too differently than what he had planned and is dragged off the comfort and security of his train tracks and falls into rough and tumble of something else. This period marks some kind of a completion as Rahu and Ketu come together to form one body. This is normally seen to put the man on the path of his destiny, albeit in a typical brutal Ketu manner. It is better to lie low and let the storm pass over, most importantly, to cooperate with the inevitable.
4. Rahu Mahadasha-Saturn Antardasha: Desperate Times: Denials and Frustration: This period of these two malefics can be a period of frustration and limitations. When a gangster meets a tough cop, the results cannot be a happy one. Rahu, the outlaw runs amuck during Rahu-Jupiter and gets what he wants but the party ends as Saturn enters. Saturn, the Boss of Kaliyuga is here to teach a lesson to the rebellious Rahu. While Rahu wants everything “right now” and wants to break every rule in the book. Saturn shoves his rule book down the throat of Rahu and delays everything as everything happens in a s-l-o-w Saturn manner. This is one of the most frustrating times for the native. Especially if you have a tough Saturn or Rahu placement in the chart. Many people get into “desperation” and often try “desperate measure” which can further deepen their problems. Often one has to pay for excesses done during Rahu-Rahu and Rahu-Jupiter period as Judge Shani pronounces his sentence. Saturn locks up the rebellious Rahu in the jail of social norms. Often people go to jail/get punished during this period for frauds and excesses done during Rahu-Rahu and Rahu-Jupiter. Saturn will teach the native that rules have to be followed. Rahu the rebel feels frustrated during this time as he does not have patience to wait, while Saturn is here to give him a lesson in patience. It would do well for a person to have patience and follow his spiritual remedies. “Desperate measures” are sure to backfire. Keeping patiences and focus is strongly recommended.
5. Venus Mahadasha – Saturn Antardahsa: The Locust Attack: At number four is the Venus-Saturn period. Most of the Venus periods are like a party, unless you hit a Ketu or a Saturn Antardasha.
I often get questioned why do these two best friends, Venus and Saturn bring such havoc to a person.
It’s complicated but let me try to explain using one of my favorite movies, the Godfather-2 (I am a Saturn child, you can’t expect me to like Hum Aap Ke Hain Kaun??) For some reason, Saturn always brings to my mind the movie Godfather. Marlon Brando played Don Corleone -Who was a typical-typical Saturn ruled Capricorn and Michael Corleone – Who was a typical Scorpio with a strong Saturn.) Anyway, I digress.
Let’s go ahead with Godfather-2. And understand a scene where two brothers Frodo and Michael meet. From a party it turns into a grim and tense business scene.
Venus is the sweetheart easygoing King of good times. (Just like Fredo)
Saturn is the grim no-nonsense boss. (Just like Michael)
Saturn likes Venus, but does not approve of the funny easygoing ways.
Remember that scene in Godfather-2 when the well dressed dandy Fredo, (typical Venus) welcomes his brother, the no-nonsense boss Michael (typical Saturn) to a party, the first thing Michael does is that he orders the party girls out, and starts talking business immediately while Fredo sits behind him sheepishly.
That’s what Saturn does when he enters the Venus party. He orders the fun stuff out and gets down to business-typical Saturn thing.
In Venus-Saturn, the native is presented with problems, which are both business, problems as well as personal problems. Women again can become a source of trouble. However, intensity is not the type that would eat him alive like in a Ketu-Venus period. Rather Saturn brings the slow grind and keeps adding burden slowly but surely. There is never one big problem but multitude of problems that he gets to face. Thus I call this the Locust attack.
Fortunately Saturn leaves his friend on a happy note as Mercury takes over and party re-starts. But he has given the native the much needed backbone.
So if you are going through any one of the above, you have my empathies. Feel free to get in touch and don’t forget to do your remedies.
G. Vijay Kumar